XQD card is a high speed flash memory card which uses PCI Express as the data transfer interface. The first XQD was developed by Sony Corporation. It is the ideal flash storage device for high end camcorders and DSLR cameras. The data transfer rates of XQD cards are very high as compared to Secure Digital cards and Compact Flash cards. It provides data storage up to 2TB.
As a pioneer in the field of high definition camcorders, Sony had to find a flash storage device that is fully compatible with their high end digital imaging products. Perhaps, this may lead to the development of XQD cards. Till now, Sony has released three series of SD cards namely G, S and N series. XQD cards are fully compatible with USB 3.0.
Nowadays, many professional videographers who are using Sony camcorders have access to XQD cards. Sony provides a professional clip management application called “Content Browser”. This application is widely used by many professionals who are using Sony cameras and camcorders. It provides file transfer from XQD card by using drag and drop method. But in some situations, while moving files from XQD card into Content Browser there is a chance for loss of such files because of errors such as violation of access rights, interrupted transfer, etc.
It is one of the situations when you require a Sony XQD card recovery software if you are using Sony DSLRs or HD camcorders. You can recover Sony XQD cards belonging to any series like G, N or S with the help of Sony Card Recovery tool. This software can be used to retrieve Sony XQD card data on high end camcorders such as FDR-AX1, PXW-Z100, and PXW-FS7 etc.
Apart from the scenario which mentioned above, there are a number of other reasons which results in the loss of precious data from XQD cards. Few of them are listed below.
- You may accidentally delete media files from XQD card while working on either cameras or computers.
- Sometimes, you may perform a complete formatting of XQD card while using it on PC instead of any other drive. If you want to know some more cases related to this, just visit the following page. http://www.sonycardrecovery.com/recover-formatted-memory-card-data.html
- If you are not using “Safely Eject” option on your computer to eject XQD card, there is a chance for data loss from that card.
- Using XQD card to store images on camera during “low battery” condition, may result in the data loss from it.
- If you are trying to add more data into your XQD card even though it has no available memory, it may results in the loss of files from the card.
All the above mentioned scenarios can be effectively resolved by using Sony Card Recovery tool. This tool allows you to restore data from Sony XQD card formatted with various file systems such as ExFAT, FAT32, etc.
Features of Sony Card Recovery Software
- This Sony XQD card recovery software is capable of recovering files having different image types, RAW image formats, various video formats, etc. from digital cameras and camcorders without any complexity.
- Alternatively, you can use this tool for performing Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo recovery and can recover different types of files based on their unique signatures.
- Recovering Sony XQD cards can be performed using this tool within a few simple steps and the recovered data can be previewed for evaluating the effectiveness of recovery.
- This tool can be used on all the latest Windows and Mac operating systems to recover Sony XQD card data.
- Only a nominal disk space of 50 MB is required to install and run this tool.
- You can retrieve RAW files from various digital camera brands using Sony XQD card recovery software without the loss of image quality.
- Free technical support is available any time.
- You can arrange recovered data based on file type, file name, modified date, file size, etc.
Procedure to Restore Sony XQD Memory Card Data
Step I – Download and install the tool on your computer. Connect Sony XQD memory card on it and select “Recover Photos” option from the Home screen.
Step 2 – From the next screen, choose either “Recover Deleted Photos” or “Recover Lost Photos” options. From the next screen, select connected XQD card and press "Forward Arrow" to start the scanning process.
Step 3 – After scanning, a list of recovered data will be displayed. You can save that data by purchasing the full version of the software.